Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chateau de Seguin Grand Vin Bordeaux (2007)

Wine tasting 2

I've written about this wine before (Read here), when I had it at a new years party with some excellent cheese. I was very impressed then and vowed to buy it again. However the second time around it was not the same story. It only scored 2,6 out of 5, which shows that not everyone loved this wine. It lacked character and tasted weak. Perhaps I'll buy it again and judge it a third time with a good meal, just to be fair.

Panel's rating: 2,6 out of 5




Price: 89SEK
Country: France
Grapes: 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc

Colour: Brownish purple, Brown red, Brownish tones,

Nose: Raisins, warm plums, cedar and blackberries, Minty, Warmish and strong, Citrus, Warm smell, Sharp and fruity, Plums, Warm cider,

Taste:
A very round taste, Coffee and cherries, Short taste of green peppers and pencil shavings, Short after taste, Cider and grass, Butterscotch and grass with hints of barrel.

2 comments:

Andy-e49er said...

Hello, A happy new year 2010!
I am living in Kawasaki, Japan.
Have opened and tasted the same
wine last night & this new year
morning,which I had bought in CDG
Airport, when I had a business trip to Paris in March, 2007.
When I search google with the name
of the wine, I came & hit your blog. I once visited Capetown in 1994. This is why I write this message,with my very nice memory of
the journey to South Africa.
Best wishes to you and wines!
Andy (Andy-e49er), Japan

Anonymous said...

yeah, smells better than it tastes but easily drunk and not anything bad but too bad it doesn't offer more in the way of the cherry scent. anyways, you can do much worse and at the very least it is a cheap bordeaux at its finest and that would be a nice red with no tannins and even with not much flavor, it still offers a little bit of complexity if that makes any sense.