Friday, February 27, 2009

Terreno Chianti Clissico (2006)

Wine tasting 4

I'm not a fan of Chianti yet, but what I've heard is that you need to watch out what you buy, because as good as this wine can be, just so can it be really terrible. I'm also surprised when we don't finish all the wine in one night, and this wine was one that was left. I had it again the next day and it was as if I was drinking a different wine. This means that the wine does not want anything complex around it, perhaps just by itself or with a simple dish. I would decant the bottle in the future, because the wine seems to need a lot of air for it to settle down properly.

Panel's rating: 2,56 out of 5




Price: 89SEK
Country: Italy
Grape: 90% Sangiovese, 10% Canaiolo

Colour: Dark colour, red blue

Nose: Spicy, fruity aroma with hints of barrel, cherry, chocolate and herbs

Taste: Spicy, fruity taste with barrel character, elements of cherries, herbs and dark chocolate

No comments: