Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cape Crown Cuvèe Brut Sauvignon Blanc


Since spending a week in Barcelona two years ago, I have gotten stuck drinking Cava as my bubbly of choice. Love the wild Spanish wines and Cava is no exception.

Here however a friend bought me a bubbly from South Africa. A Cuvèe Brut and the grape is Sauvignon Blanc. South Africa's Sauvignon Blanc wines are mostly crisp and fruity, with flavours of green peppers and grass. Here too that's no true, except it is a bubbly. A little dry but smooth, with an exceptionally long after taste.

If you like the white wines from South Africa, you'll love this wine. Best of all it's only 69kr at Systembolaget. Definitely on my list the next time I need a bubbly.

Food wise we're making black Marlin, fried with a Yakitori sauce, tempura vegetables and for desert, apple pie with Swedish apples and whipped cream.

No comments: