Friday, May 1, 2009

The fifth wine tasting

Viva South Africa. That's what the night was all about. The theme was South Africa, so those attending were only alowed to buy wines from South Africa.

I often get asked which South African wines I would recommend here in Sweden and I really struggle because I don't have a lot of answers. The reason you see, is that when you're in South Africa, you're exposed to so much more wines at so much more afforable prices. I have however been trying more of the South African wines available here in Sweden and this night was especially good for that. There's eight good wines to try, although I should mention that none of the wines scored 4 stars. I found this very surprising.

We started off outside in the sun with a very good Sparkling wine called Pongrácz and strawberries. This was followed by one really good crisp white wine and six red wines. It really made me miss home.









No comments: